I promised I wouldn’t do this, as it always frustrated me in the past when I didn’t achieve any of my yoga goals. Last year I really wanted to go into a full headstand and got really frustrated when I didn’t. I’m still learning to not focus so much on the end result as it is the journey to get there.
As I move to a new city, I have been scouting for places to start a Mysore practice or even a led practice every once in a while. I am not surprised that going to a yoga class in China is so expensive, sometimes almost double the price of a class in USA. Still, having the leisure time will always be a status symbol in China, so I guess people might as well prove how rich they are by being able to afford a $30-$40 (USD) yoga class.
Alright, here are my goals. If anyone has any suggestions on classes in Shenzhen or even Hong Kong (Do I have readers from there?) I’d totally welcome it!
- Find a yoga teacher, or a class to go to at least once a week
- Try Mysore style classes
- Complete all standing postures and work on full postures on ones I already practice
- Memorize opening and closing mantras
- start a meditation practice
- Make a list of yoga philosophy books to read and read them!
- Go into a full headstand!
- Go for 30 seconds on tolsana.